Want some ideas on cool things to do in Tampa during the Super Bowl LV Feb 7, 2021? Im proud of Tampa and I have lived here for 31 years. As your completely biased ambassador and helpful tour guide, I welcome you to our cool town with the following guaranteed-fun-non-tourist-traps to experience during your Super Bowl visit.
- Visit our Glass Design Center. If you have never seen a custom glass countertop, or a floating glass sink, or a glass surfboard that does not float…well here is your chance during your visit. Give a call or Text to set an appointment time. After that you can easily visit the bottom 9 in my top 10. Did I mention this is a shameless business promo 🙂
- Downing Designs is located just 1/2 mile north of the Tampa Riverwalk. Its a great meandering walkway and great for people-watching.
- American Social Bar and Restaurant is a great way to watch people, sports bar, and has THE BEST WATER VIEW in Downtown Tampa. Its right on the Riverwalk.
- I love the Florida Aquarium. Its right on the Riverwalk.
- I love Due Amici pizza. Your going to be hungry after your tour of Downing Designs and the Riverwalk. My favorite New York style pizza is Due Amici in Ybor City
- Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning play the Detroit Red Wings February 5, 2021. Its right on the Riverwalk.
- Armature Works on the River near downtown. Graze is a terrific place for breakfast or lunch….2 words: Cheese Grits. Its right on the Riverwalk.
- Hyde Park Village is an outdoor shopping mall. I love BarTaco. Its a 4 minute drive from the Riverwalk.
- Best Beach is at Ft Desoto Park...a 35 minute drive from the Riverwalk. Harrys is a cool little beach bar on the Gulf.
- Right on the Riverwalk is the Cross Bay Ferry to Downtown St Petersburg is only 25 minute drive across the bay. Cassis is terrific for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, and has a fabulous French Bakery.
Of course we are having a bit of fun, but these are places that for me have consistently make Tampa a great place to visit or live. Enjoy!
Jeff Downing (813) 784 5211